cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerShot SX110 IS Memory Card Error

kinda_soup
Apprentice

Hello, I just bought a Canon PowerShot SX110 IS from an antique mall, it works just fine but says it’s having a memory card error even though I just bought a brand new memory card for it. I tried to format it but it just went to a black screen and said “Memory Card Error.” Any help would be appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

Hi and welcome to the forum:

Your cheapest solution is that there is an issue with the memory card. 

First check that the write-protect switch on the side of the card is not set to protect: make sure the little lug is UP.

Tronhard_2-1727547709198.png

What kind of card did you get - i.e. is it a full-size card or a micro-SD with adapter, what brand and where did you source it?

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Hi Trevor, thank you for the reply. I checked the card and it is not in the locked position. It is a SanDisk Ultra PLUS 64GB normal SD card just like the one you posted above.

I believe I found the issue, the camera can only take up to 32 GB with an SD card, so I just have to buy a smaller one. Thank you for your help anyways and I will update once I see if a new SD card works.

That would do it!   I hope the smaller card works for you.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements