cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerShot G7 X Froze Midway Through Video Recording

petrelletiempo
Apprentice

Hey everyone!

I have a G7x and was shooting on video mode and it just suddenly stopped recording midway -- screen froze and no button would function either so i just turned the camera off. apparently it wasn't low on battery nor storage. when i checked the recording it was saved as a .DAT file and has a size of 2.54gb. I have tried available ways to recover it but obviously have failed. have anyone ever experienced the same? would appreciate any help. thanksss xoxo

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

It sounds like your clip has become corrupt.  This might be due to a variety of reasons.  Sometimes it can be resolved by reformatting the card on a regular basis before use.  Only full size memory cards should be used.  Avoid using ones with a adapter.  If the media is old replacing it might also be a good idea.  If not already done, I'd try one of the free to try recovery software's available.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements