cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerShot A95 Purple Distorted Picture

yaerynn
Apprentice

image.jpg

i just got this camera from an etsy shop and ofc its used, but i thought it wouldn’t have any problems. the menu screen is perfectly fine but whenever i take a picture the picture looks like i took it while shaking my camera up and down and it has a purple tint. no matter how still i am it always had the same outcome. is this fixable? i was really excited to recieve this camera only to be let down because the pictures come out streaky and purple. please help!!

1 REPLY 1

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Welcome to the forum:

the Powershot A95 is a 19 year-old camera, and is likely at the end of its days.  Still, the first thing to do is to do a camera reset to factory settings - it's in the menus.  Honestly, from what you have said, I suspect the sensor is failing and in that case you cannot get it fixed - it's over a decade past its support period.

If you purchased it from a reputable shop you may be able to go back to them, but given many such purchases are on an as-is-where-is basis, I fear you have bought a dud.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements