cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerShot A3300 IS

ssss
Apprentice

Please be kind and simple...I have autism and difficulty with computers.  I got a new battery for my PowerShot A3300 IS a few years ago on the internet, and the supplier sent me a battery with something taped on it on both sides that was an advertisement.  It took me a week, and knives, and blood, to get the battery down to size so it would fit in the battery compartment.  Does anybody know from whom I can get the battery without the little suit on?  Thank you.  

3 REPLIES 3

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

Hi and welcome to the forum!

The original Canon NB-L8 battery for your camera does not appear to be available, but a 3rd-party maker of reasonable repute make a battery that should work:
Canon NB-8L Battery by Wasabi Power

I have and use batteries by Wasabi Power myself and have found them to be quite reliable.  If you going to order, it might be wise to get a couple, if you can afford to, in case they cease to be available.

I hope this helps.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is not what they hold in their hand, it's what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Thank you, Trevor!  I ordered the battery and am hoping for the best.  I was a great photographer when it was film...all this electronic stuff is at odds with my vision.  You are so kind to help me.  Shannon

Hi Shanon:
I started back in film myself, so I have some empathy for your situation.  I am lucky in that I have always had an affinity for technology and many of my positions worked with the evolution of technology, but for anyone who is not able to smoothly move with change, it can be daunting.

That said, it all comes down to the 'holy trinity' of exposure: shutter speed, aperture and ISO (what was called ASA in the day).  Those elements still lie at the heart of taking images.  Definitely, there have been major changes in automation, especially things like autofocus, but in the end a camera can still be run in manual, especially a DSLR with all of those controls.

For me, the breaking point was cell phones - despite working in IT for many years and working for a phone company, I just never got into the myriad of apps that proliferate now. I accept I am a living fossil in that respect.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is not what they hold in their hand, it's what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements