cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Canon A1400

janeuc44
Contributor

My Canon PowerShot A1400 lens won't open when I try to download my pictures to my computer with a USB cord.  All programs are closed, I don't turn it on until I've connected it to the computer.  If I unplug it from the computer the lens will come out.  I haven't had this problem before. 

How is this camera suppose to be listed in the control panel?  I had some work done on my computer last week and I don't see it listed.  Kodak Easy Share is on there.  I don't use that camera anymore.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

janeuc44,

The software can be downloaded from our website.  Please click HERE to go to the download page.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Danny

Hi, janeuc44!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

I am running Windows 7.  It is not urgent.  Thank you so much for offering to help me.  I can't think of anything else except I have Office Home 2010.  I'm not very computer savvy so just know I may not know what you need to know.  I'm 70 so I use that as an excuse.  LOL

Mykolas
Authority

janeuc44,

Thanks for the reply.

What you are experiencing is normal.  When connected to your computer, the lens will not open or extend from the camera because it is not necessary for downloading images to your computer.  Simply power the camera on when it is connected then press the PLAYBACK button on the camera to enter the playback mode.  The camera should be detected and ask you what program you want to use to download the images, or it will open the program you have previous specified if you have done this before.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I forgot the lens doesn't open when it's downloading, sorry about that.  Usually I click on Kodak Easy Share then turn on the camera and they download but now they won't.

I do not have a Canon Program in Programs and I did have before they worked on my computer and I can't find the disk that came with the camera.  Thank you for getting back to me.  I thought maybe there is a place on IE to download a free program

to get it back on my computer.

janeuc44,

The software can be downloaded from our website.  Please click HERE to go to the download page.

Where is the playback button on my Powershot A1400 camera?  On your 8-10-14 response I missed it I guess.  Thank you for helping.  I downloaded some stuff the other night with a Canon Tech but it is not what I had originally.  When I go to download my pictures, it is totally different and I like my old way better.  I think the Playback way you mentioned to me will hopefully do it.

Please ignore my last message I sent a few minutes ago.  I found the button and that page is what I'm using now but I never had it before the other night when a tech put it on my computer the other night.  It is not, as I said, what came with the camera.  Before when I turned the camera on you had a view that showed it was downloading the pictures, now the blue screen that comes up now.  It's just not as easy to operate as the old one.  Thank you again for your help.  I can make this work when I have to.  You've been a lot of help.

Jane

Announcements