cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing TV function > Canon S100

Wim
Contributor

Since some time the TV function of my Canon S100 does not work anymore. I especially bought the camera to control shutterspeeds, but alas, the only thing I see when I turn the lensring is ISO or zoom specs, from 28 mm and so on.

At last I tried to install firmware again, but whatever I tried, in the menu (after pushing Playback) the choiche 'Firmware' did not appear.

What to do now? All suggestions are welconme.

10 REPLIES 10

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Have you tried taking picture in that mode?  If you can only see adjustment for aperture, then that sounds like Av mode, not Tv. 

Do ALL of the other modes seem to work properly?  Tv mode should allow you to set a shutter speed, but not an aperture value.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

John_
Authority

Pehaps you accidentally reassigned the control ring ? You can try resseting to defualts thru the setting menu or try resetting it using this procedure

Control ring.JPG

I tried everything according to the manual. Whatever I choose, the result after turning the ring is ISO, Over/Under and so on. But no shutterspeeds...

hmmm...not a good sign. As a last ditch, hail mary have you removed the battery, held the power switch to the on position for at least 30 seconds, replaced the battery and tried it again? In rare cases that has worked for various "glitches".

Wim
Contributor

Nope.

Does it work when you don't use the ring to set the shutter speed? You should be able to use the screen.

Whatever I try, I never found any shutterspeed.

Tried to reset firmware (who knows it helps), but according to download information there would be the choice 'Firmware' in the menu., adter pushing 'Playback', to set firmware back.

Alas, no 'Firmware' to find in S100 menu.

Use the "M" mode and the shutter speed is set by the dial on the back.

No sir.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements