cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory card error - Canon PowerShot SD360

Elliegreen
Apprentice

I recently brought a Canon Powershot sd360. I brought a 2GB sd card for it as that was what was recommended online. But the camera displays memory card error when I turn it on.

Any help would be hugly appreciated! 

4 REPLIES 4

Stephen

Hello there!

So the Canon Community can better assist you, can you please double-check the model of your camera? Canon USA doesn't have a PowerShot SD360. The model of your camera will be on the front or top of the camera.

We look forward to hearing back from you! 

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Is it a full size card, or a micro card with adapter?

normadel
Authority
Authority

Do you have an external SD card reader (or computer with a card reader in it) so you could connect the card to a computer and see if it can be formatted? If it can, then try formatting it in camera.

Who'd you get the card from? I assume it is used, not new, as SD cards this small haven't been available new for quite some time.  It may well be a bad card.

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

Hi Ellie and welcome to the forum!
Your issue could be from a couple of sources:
*  If you are using a Micro-SD card with an adapter, it will not behave on a camera.  These devices use Full-Size cards only.
* If you bought the card off the web, make sure it is a reliable brand, like SanDisk or Lexar and came from a reputable dealer.   A lot of apparently cheap cards are fakes or faulty.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements