cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory Card Error

grayghostx
Apprentice

I have a Canon 5.0 MegaPixels Camera and every time I open the screen, it says 'Memory Card Error' at the top. I've searched for how to fix this but haven't found anything that has worked yet. I've changed the memory card, formatted it and etc. and nothing has worked for me and I was wondering if I could have some help. It doesn't allow me to zoom in or out and doesn't allow me to take any photos, nor does it focus either. Hoping I can get some help -- Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

normadel
Authority
Authority

How about saying what camera this is? "5 MegaPixels" is no help.

What type of memory card does it have, CF or SD? If CF, look in bottom of card slot to see if there are any missing or bent pins.  If SD, look in to see if there's anything stuck in the card slot.

Are you formatting the cards in the camera or on a computer? It sounds like the latter since the camera says there's a memory card error. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

normadel
Authority
Authority

How about saying what camera this is? "5 MegaPixels" is no help.

What type of memory card does it have, CF or SD? If CF, look in bottom of card slot to see if there are any missing or bent pins.  If SD, look in to see if there's anything stuck in the card slot.

Are you formatting the cards in the camera or on a computer? It sounds like the latter since the camera says there's a memory card error. 

Thank you! I apologize, I'm not too good with cameras so I apologize but this solved my problem! There were bent pins - I'll try to get that fixed. But again, thank you so much!

You're welcome, but you don't have to be "good with cameras" to look at it and see what model camera it is!

Unbending CF card pins is chancy. They break very easily. Good luck.

Announcements