cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Memory Card Error' for PowerShot SX610 HS

Lombi
Apprentice

Hello,

I purchased the PowerShot SX610 HS and bought the 32GB MICRO SDHC memory card. The first time that I inserted the memory card it was working perfectly fine. When I removed the battery for charging and then re insterted it did I then see the 'Memory Card Error' and now I'm not able to use the camera at all. I have tried unlocking the memory card and have removed the memory card and battery but to no avail. Does anyone have any insight into this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

4 REPLIES 4

smack53
Mentor

I'm not a big fan of using micro SD cards when the camera is intended to be used with standard size SD cards. Try using a regular SD card instead. The adapter may have developed an issue or else the micro SD is not fully inserted in the adapter. I've had a failure of a micro SD card in one of my cameras and switched back to the standard size cards and have not had the problem since.

Steve M.

Thanks Steve

I have had cards that misbehaved be fixed by the SD Card Formatter Utility. 

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

Even cards that couldn't be fixed with a camera format worked fine after being formatted with the free app and then formatted again in the camera.

kerri1
Apprentice

I bought 9 of these cameras for my digital art class and 5 of them had the same memory card locked problem. All cameras needed to be sent in for repair. very frustrating.

Announcements