cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerShot SD1000 Is this a cracked LCD screen?

rensei
Apprentice

IMG_2306.jpeg

IMG_2305.jpeg

 I have the Canon PowerShot SD1000. I was wondering if this is a cracked LCD screen and if so, how could I fix it. Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

If you see it no matter what is being displayed, images or menus, then there is an issue with the display.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

If you see it no matter what is being displayed, images or menus, then there is an issue with the display.

Thank you so much! Is there any way I could fix it?

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Unfortunately, according to the link enclosed, Canon no longer provide support for this model - it's quite a old unit.
Canon Support for PowerShot SD1000 | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

There is an upgrade program available where you can trade in your camera in whatever conditions and get some discount off a new camera.
For information on this program, If you live in the USA please contact Canon USA at 1-866-443-8002 from 9:00 a.m. until 9:00 p.m. EST Monday through Saturday to speak with a Canon Upgrade Program representative.

They can only ship within the United States. 

For any options that may be available outside of the US, you'll want to reach out to Canon in your country or region. For Canon UK, they're HERE. Elsewhere in the world, get started HERE

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Thanks. Do I need to worry about the cracks spreading, or is it fine to use the camera? 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings ,

It's cracked for sure.  You can use it until it stops working, but I'd be careful when putting it near your face or eye.  It's time for a new camera 🤗 and you have the perfect excuse.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Is there any way that I could fix it myself? 

I doubt spare parts are available. You might find an old one that doesn’t work and buy it for spare parts. But costs to repair are far outweighing buying another camera. 

Announcements