cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any recall on cannon powershot sx280hs? All of a sudden camera would not turn on or would

LauraLee1
Apprentice

THE CAMERA IS 13 months old and one day stops working. Won't power on or does so then turns right off. The cannon. Customer rep told me there was a recall. Today I was told by another rep there was no recall. That it was a"lens issue" they want me to possibly send receipt of a chance at a replacement or give them $100  which includes shipping both ways to possibly get what? Another problem camera?

2 REPLIES 2

John_
Authority

how many batteries do you have and if you hve more than one it does it with both batteries? If you only have one battry that battery made be bad, batteries are fairly inexxpensive I would buy another battery first.

Those cameras are selling for $200 new now with just a quick search. Anyway Id try another battery.

I think I will be getting a replacement camera from cannon but I think they were jerking my chain saying it was a lens issue. Thanks for the til on the battery. I suspect that was part of the problem

Announcements