cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to determine firmware version of G5X Mk II?

bkspero
Contributor

I had posted a thread describing the issues we are having with a G5X MkII and a number of questions, but haven't gotten any responses, yet.  So I'm looking at possible causes on my own.  The first is firmware.  I can see the most up to date version is 1.1.0, but can't see how to check the version in the camera.

The manual shows it as the last item on page 5 of the Settings menu, but the menu on our camera is totally different and does not show the firmware version anywhere in the Settings Menu.

How do I go about determining what the current installed firmware is? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Not familiar with your particular camera, but often the menu display vaaries depending on the mode you are in.

If you are in Auto switch to P mode.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Not familiar with your particular camera, but often the menu display vaaries depending on the mode you are in.

If you are in Auto switch to P mode.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

That was exactly the case.  Changed modes and the firmware was right where it should have been.  Thank you.

Only problem is that the camera has the most current firmware and an update isn't an option to change it's odd behavior of not recording video with the Mode dial set to Movie and the Movie button pressed, but being able to record video when the Mode dial is set to anything else and the Movie button pressed.  Oh well, at least this is progress.

Announcements