cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I save a setting in custom mode on Power shot 50?

JimMcDonald
Contributor

Need to make corrections to original setting in C1 setting ...don't remember how I set them in the first place and the manual dosn't help!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for the information!  Now that we know the camera model, we can give you the right steps.  Here's how you can save custom settings to the C1 and C2 dial positions:

1.  Do not go into C1 or C2 yet.  Instead, turn the mode dial to any of the P, Tv, Av, or M shooting modes.  

2.  Set the exposure settings exactly how you want them.

3.  Press the MENU button.  Within the camera menu (noted by an icon of a camera), scroll down to the option marked "Save Settings..." and hit the FUNC/SET button.

4.  Choose whether you want these settings saved to C1 or C2.  Highlight your choice and hit FUNC/SET to confirm it.

And that's it!  Now you're free to change your mode dial to C1 or C2, and your customized settings will be there waiting for you each time.

This information is detailed on page 156 of your instruction manual.

We hope this helps!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Danny

Hi, JimMcDonald!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which model of camera you're referring to.  We have made several PowerShot cameras that use the number "50," and that number is most likely preceded by at least one letter.  Once we have that information, we can get you in the information you need.

Thanks and have a great day!

Sorry, It's a SX50 Hs. It's  hell to get old and not remember haw you did something a week ago, and neither the manual nor the Canon poershot book is of any help!

Thanks for the information!  Now that we know the camera model, we can give you the right steps.  Here's how you can save custom settings to the C1 and C2 dial positions:

1.  Do not go into C1 or C2 yet.  Instead, turn the mode dial to any of the P, Tv, Av, or M shooting modes.  

2.  Set the exposure settings exactly how you want them.

3.  Press the MENU button.  Within the camera menu (noted by an icon of a camera), scroll down to the option marked "Save Settings..." and hit the FUNC/SET button.

4.  Choose whether you want these settings saved to C1 or C2.  Highlight your choice and hit FUNC/SET to confirm it.

And that's it!  Now you're free to change your mode dial to C1 or C2, and your customized settings will be there waiting for you each time.

This information is detailed on page 156 of your instruction manual.

We hope this helps!

Thanks very much..don't know why I couldn't find page 156 myself.!!
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements