cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! Powershot SX60 HS Recording/Transfering Video Issues

wgarrett1991
Apprentice

I'm using this camera mainly for my Youtube videos and Video Blogs.

When I go to transfer my videos to Canon Gateway Library it keeps saying "Max. movie time is 5 min. Movie requires editing.

I'm using a PNY 32 GB Memory Card. Do i need to look into buying a new camera or is there a way to fix it where i wont have to edit my videos after every 5 minutes.

3 REPLIES 3

smack53
Mentor

"Canon Gateway Library it keeps saying "Max. movie time is 5 min. Movie requires editing." I wonder if the Canon Gateway is limiting you to 5 minutes only. Can you upload directly from your computer to youtube? I would not suspect the memory card at all since the issue may be related to restrictions that Canon may have on the account. I would check to see what limitations there may be with the Canon Image Gateway, if any at all. Also, I assume you are using the wifi to upload. There may be some restrictions with that as well.

Steve M.

Unfortunately the camera didn't come with a chord to upload videos directly to my computer. I am using the Canon Image Gateway but it wont let me change any settings from there. I want to buy a chord for the Canon just to make it easier since the wifi basically sucks on it and wont pick up my signal but if its going to say the same thing then foget it 

Unless Canon hasn't updated its Canon Gateway Listings lately, I can't see the SX60 as part of the qualifying cameras for the CG option: Qualifying Cameras - I can't see the SX60? Maybe Canon DO need to update this page . . . .

If this is the case then this would add to your frustrations. If this is not the case then Canon needs to update that LIST - ASAP!

Your comments, about the absence of a cord, are often voiced. I suspect this was an attempt by Canon to make the boxed product competitively priced. The obverse or other side of this is that those upgrading from a previous SX Canon Camera would be arguing that they DIDN'T want or need an unnecessary additional cable and would be clamouring for a refund! Can never get it right . . . .

As to your overall experience with the CG option, this makes fine reading :FAQs on Canon Gateway.

All-in-all, my preferred Cloud option is DropBox. This way I know I can share with Clients, family, or even myself ex-HQ. Oh, unless this has also been changed, RAW is not supported:

• "Is it possible to upload RAW images"?

The Online Photo Album does not support RAW images; the images must be JPEG format only. Please be sure to convert all images to JPEG format before uploading to the Online Photo Album."

Source: No RAW - Need to convert.

Presently I have not read any video duration limit being set. However, that 5 mins does sound rather like the FAT32 file size is coming into play? If this is the case then the programmers of the CG need to have a look at how Movies that may straddle the FAT32 file size "chunk" can be easily uploaded. Do I think that that will happen any time soon? - I'll stay with DropBox.

I hope this helps.

Grazie

Announcements