cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G5Xm2 and AEB: I get only one photo

paolobenve
Apprentice

I'm following what is explained in the manual but even if I set the bracketing, only one photo is shot. This in the modes P/Av/Tv/M. The flash is closed.

What am I missing?

121.JPG122.JPG

[Third-party manual link removed and replaced with screenshots of the corresponding pages from the manual found on the Canon USA web site]

3 REPLIES 3

Mark35mmF2
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi there,

There are two things you will want to make sure are active. First, the image does not show it but when you are in the AEB setting and you adjust the wheel you should see three separate lines under the meter, each one indicating what each exposure will be relative to zero. Second, please make sure you are in the continuous drive mode, either low or high. The camera will only take one shot at a time if you are not in continuous shooting mode.

Veum335
Contributor

@imessageapp wrote:

I'm following what is explained in the manual but even if I set the bracketing, only one photo is shot. This in the modes P/Av/Tv/M. The flash is closed.

What am I missing?

Just to confirm you are holding the shutter down until it shoots all three images? It needed to capture them 1 at a time, usually through a rapid burst mode holding the shutter down. Single press (one after the other) for each of the 3 bracketed images may work too.

paolobenve
Apprentice

Single press (one after the other) for each of the 3 bracketed images may work too.

No, it doesn't work

Announcements