cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon sx70 Time Exposure

surfercook
Apprentice

Hello all. New to the forum here. Need help! I upgraded from the sx50 to the more modern sx70. I thought time exposure would be as easy as the sx50 but am having trouble figuring it out. The sx50 was SO easy. Go into Tv mode and use the scroll wheel to set the exposure time, which would max out at 15 secs. Unfortunately the sx70 doesn't show this feature. Google search gave me these steps but can't seem to figure it out.
I go into manual mode, press the Function button. but then there is no Tv setting in that mode that I can find.

TYIA 😎

To set a 30-second exposure on your Canon SX70 HS camera, you can follow these steps:

1. Turn the camera on and set it to Manual (M) mode by turning the mode dial on the top of the camera to "M."

2. Press the "Func/Set" button on the back of the camera to bring up the shooting settings.

3. Use the arrow buttons to select "Tv" (shutter speed) and use the scroll wheel to set the shutter speed to 30 seconds.

4. Frame your shot and press the shutter button to take the photo. The camera will keep the shutter open for 30 seconds, so make sure the camera is steady during this time to avoid blurring the photo.

Note that in order to achieve a 30-second exposure, you will need to shoot in a low-light environment, or use a neutral density filter to reduce the amount of light entering the camera. Additionally, it's important to use a tripod or other stabilizing device to keep the camera steady during the exposure time to avoid blurring the photo.

1 REPLY 1

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

It is even easier than the google instructions say:

Untitled.jpg

The manual is here:

https://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/1/0300032371/03/pssx70hs-ug3-en.pdf

You should be able to get to 15 seconds.

Announcements