cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon powershot sx500 shooting video at a concert. The audio is overmodulating

dawnbelotti
Apprentice

Hello  I have been using the Powershot sx500.  Love it for stills.   Tried shooting video at a concert.  The audio was overmodulating.   Can the volume on the camera be lowered?  What do you suggest?

Thank you

Dawn B

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mykolas
Authority

Hi dawnbelotti!

Thank you for posting.  The PowerShot SX500 IS is a great camera for still shooting and most video shooting conditions that do not involve very high volume levels.  However, you may not get the greatest audio quality when recording a concert, which can have high volume levels.  There is not an adjustment setting in the camera for the input level of the microphone on the camera, so it is difficult to compensate for such a high volume level.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Mykolas
Authority

Hi dawnbelotti!

Thank you for posting.  The PowerShot SX500 IS is a great camera for still shooting and most video shooting conditions that do not involve very high volume levels.  However, you may not get the greatest audio quality when recording a concert, which can have high volume levels.  There is not an adjustment setting in the camera for the input level of the microphone on the camera, so it is difficult to compensate for such a high volume level.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Yeah, I unfortunately found this out the hard way after attending the best concert of the year - Justin Timberlake! I was so excited when I got home to play back all the video I had taken. Only to have all kinds of sound distortion. I was so disappointed. But the video was awesome. Oh well!
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements