cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon SX50 HS remote control shutter

Kittencuddler
Contributor

Hi,

I bought the canonSX50  HS about a year ago, I also bought a 3 feet wired remote shutter cord, well, I really need something longer then 3 feet. Is there a longer cord? Or maybe a exstention cord to click onto my 3 feet cord? Been looking around can't find anything 😞 I really want to take some pictures of me and hubby, without having to run back and forth with timer. Thanks so much! Denise Cat Tongue

10 REPLIES 10

John_
Authority

What you are looking for is redily available I have 3 of them, 12ft long and tthe come in different lengths.

Any 2.5mm headphone extension cords will work. 

Here's a link for a 12 ft one that I have

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000Z0YECU?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

Thank you so much!!!!! So do I just add this to the remote I have? Again, thank you, I had been looking all over the Internet about this question!!! Going to buy it now! Have a great day! Denise

lol your welcome Denise you just plug your remote you have into one end of the extension cable and plug the other end of the extension cable into your camera...I've had as many as 3 of these at one time connected to my camera to get shots...I have the SX50 also

thanks again! I love my Canon SX50. Still getting the hang of it, it's my first really camera, meaning usually always had those smaller point & shoot ones. I love taking photos. Wish I knew more about the settings, I've tried to look stuff up, but it's so over whelming lol, then when I think I kinda get some stuff, then I don't use the camera for a bit, then I'm right back to what am I doing?!? LOL.. 

lol I hear ya Denise and these cameras are full of settings too! They are pretty complicated yet can be used on full Auto too. But I know what your saying it's similar to trying to remember passwords from places I havent been in a while!

I found this pro photographer on you tube that did a series of "how to" videos using SX50HS I really found them useful and he goes thru a lot of topics all using our model camera which is really nice.

His name is MMWest and heres the link to it:

https://www.youtube.com/user/MWESTPhotography

Thanks John, I had been looking on YouTube but didn't really find much, maybe I didn't look long enough lol.. Me too, I forget passwords too!! LoL.. Getting old isn't fun lol. I'm very forgetful lol. Thanks again! Going to go look at the video 😺

lol yeah except you look like your 20-30 and thats not old!!

I use one of those password programs that remember them for me which is worse because then I really really forget them when I need them!! LOL

Use that link if I did it right it should take you right to it...and your very welcome  Smiley Happy

AWW.. you are sweet, but I am not 20-30 lol.. I'm 47! I get my genes from my mom, she is 75 looks no older then 60 🙂 thanks for the link, I watched one of them, going to go look more on his channel see if he has more on the SX50 🙂 

Well ty Denise for that ! Smiley Happy

Seems mother nature blessed you both then! lol 

So yeah there are about 10 lessons I think and no I didnt remember the website I bookmarked it ! lol

I like them for a few reasons, he uses the SX50 and he speaks in a easy to understand way and he covers most if not all the important features and methods of the camera and taking better pictures.

Now don't go getting to smart !! lol

John

Announcements