cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon PowerShot SX30 IS Flash

Jovigrifo
Apprentice

Hello, recently acquired a new-to-me PowerShot SX30 IS and the flash will not turn on at all, no matter the settings. Is it just broken? or is there something else I can do?

1 REPLY 1

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Hi and welcome to the forum:

Buying an older camera like the SX30IS (released in 2010) has inherent risks and, given its age, if there is a fault, it will not be repairable. 

First of all, I would suggest setting the camera in Auto mode, with a fully charged battery and trying to take a photo in dim light with the flash flipped up. 
Then, (not knowing your skill level) I recommend downloading the User Manual from the following link:
PSSX30IS_CUG_EN.pdf (c-wss.com) and reviewing that to see if there is a setting not right: if in doubt follow the instructions for doing a factory reset on P53 - that may resolve the issue.
If the built-in flash remains stubborn, the SX30 has a flash hot shoe, so I would suggest visiting a camera store and trying a flash with the camera to see if it will work.  If that does work, you can consider buying a suitable flash for the camera.
If the camera will not work with the built in flash, can you return it for a refund?

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
click here to view the gallery
Announcements