cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon G5X Mark II Camera

krunker
Apprentice

I have a G5 X Mark II, and when I download the images to the computer, they do not display the camera information, but I have been able to do so manually. How can I make it appear automatically?       

krunker

3 REPLIES 3

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Hi and welcome to the site.

Can you advise please what computer OS and version you are you using?

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Veum335
Contributor

If the camera is in Macro mode, it can focus on items that are very close to the lens and magnify them. In Macro mode it is not able to focus on more distant subjects. It seems that you lose the ability to focus out to infinity

When the camera is not in Macro mode, you are not able to focus on subjects very close to the camera. However, you do have the ability to focus all the way out to infinity.

@Dunkinrunsonyou survey wrote:

I have a G5 X Mark II, and when I download the images to the computer, they do not display the camera information, but I have been able to do so manually. How can I make it appear automatically?       

krunker

That is normal. I have two G5X MkI's and they behaves in exactly the same way.  Macro mode limits the focus distance in order to get the close-up.  You just have to remember to switch back to normal mode when you want to stop taking close-up shot.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements