cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera software not opening to transfer images from camera to computer. What to do?

BLG
Apprentice

My PowerShot 720is software ZoomBrowser EX not opening on computer. No images load and I don't have option to click on "connect to camera" so I can transfer images from camera to computer. Message says "Zb Module has stopped working. Windows is looking for a solution to this problem." Anyone have this happen and know what to do?

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3

Naomi
Enthusiast

Hi BLG!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know which operating system you have installed on your computer. That way, our Canon Forum members and our Subject Matter Experts will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your camera and computer.

Thanks!

Windows 7, 64 bit. Is this sufficient, or do you need something else?

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi BLG,

If you haven't already done so, please update your software for Windows 7.  Here's how.

Just click here to access the software updates for your camera.  Once there, just enter your operating system, then the version of the operating system.  Now click on "Software" to show the software updates.

Click on "ZoomBrowser EX 6.9.0a Updater".  Installation instructions are on the next page.  Also, please download "CameraWindow "DC 8.8 for Windows" to your desktop.

After accepting the required disclaimer, please download the program update to your desktop.

After downloading all the software you choose to install, please install ZoomBrowser last. This will allow it to link to the other Canon software on your computer.

Since you've installed an older version of software, you may now double-click on the program update to install it.  If not, just put the CD-ROM in your computer's optical drive and stop any installation program that starts.

If you've already updated the software for Windows 7, please contact us for assistance.  Click here for contact options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements