Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CANON G7X SCREEN GAP FIX?!

AjaAja
Apprentice

IMG_2755.jpeg

IMG_2756.jpeg

  

IMG_2759.jpeg

Hello I recently purchased a canon g7x mark iii and I noticed after one day of using it that the camera screen doesn’t close fully and it has a gap now. I tried tightening the screws everyone said but still no fix. But if anyone has any TIPS/ FIXES. I’d really appreciate it since I don’t want to exchange it and play the waiting game again. 

1 REPLY 1

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

If this is a new camera it will be subject to warranty.   In embarking on working on this unit yourself, you need to consider that by doing so you might void that warranty which could come to haunt you in the event of another issue.

It is quite possible that a fix might be executed promptly, and if it had to be replaced then the process for doing so would likely not depend on the sales platform, so I ask you, are you prepared to take that risk?

It might be worth calling 1-800-OK-CANON to talk to Canon tech support.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements