cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best setting to avoid blurry pictures of moving objects with a Canon Powershot SX260HS?

beimeryak
Apprentice

I recently purchased a PowerShot SX260HS in order to take good pictures for an upcoming vacation.  However, I am unable to figure out a good setting to avoid blurry pictures of moving objects!  If it is not already apparent, I am a complete moron when it comes to technology!  Any suggestions (besides staying away from photography), would be appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3

cicopo
Elite

You need to understand a few simple rules for action starting with the fact you need a fast shutter speed & good panning skills (which comes with practice. Best way to do it is by using the Tv mode (Time value or shutter speed mode) or you can cheat a bit & use Sport mode but that isn't as reliable. A lot of the info here relates to action photography especially the things you want to learn control wise & note that unless your manual specifically says you can use IS for panning TURN IT OFF.

http://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=147971

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

Agreed, like anything in photography it helps if you practice, practice, practice.  That's the beauty of the digital age, you can practice like crazy and not waste film doing it.

beimeryak
Apprentice

Thanks so much for the advice!  Sorry it took me so long to respond.  I shall begin practicing immediately!

Announcements