cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone has a problem with Powershot SX50?

ekazarnovs
Apprentice

Just bought the camera and found out that most of the shots using "auto" are overexposed.....

4 REPLIES 4

Mykolas
Authority

Hi ekazamovs!

To help myself and the community to better understand why the images are over exposed, please describe in more detail what you are taking a picture of and what is in the background of the images.  Also, in the over exposed images, were you using flash?

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I was taking pictures of some animals on the lake shore...I was not using a flash.......When I checked the image information on one of the shots taken, the ISO was 800 for some reason. The shot was taken during the day with some clouds in the sky...

I can't help but notice that you never got an answer back. I guess he quit on you.

Hi Ekazarnovs,

Overexposure may have occurred due to the camera becoming confused when shooting in this environment.  You may want to switch the camera to Program mode and set the ISO to a much lower value for shooting in daylight conditions. 

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available through our Service and Support Site.  Please use site this to contact us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements