Did you mean: 

A2000 is

Junecanon
Apprentice
Power button does not work
3 REPLIES 3

John_
Authority

Have you checked the usual things, visual damage to the power button, that batteries are good, the battery compartment is closed, the memory card is inserted properly and the battery contacts are clean ?

Also does it turn on with the play button when connected to a computer ? That might limit the area where the problem lies but the cost of repair for that model just might not be worth it.

That camera was released around 2009 and used or reconditioned ones can be bought anywhere from agout 80 - 150 dollars depending on the condition, i.e. plain used or refurbished. I think the cost of repair might not make practical sense.

My first Canon was the A70. After a couple of years it malfunctioned and I thought it was done for. I sent it to Canon and they replaced it (no charge) with a refurbished model of the same type that lasted about a year before it started to malfunction. They said it was high humidity that caused the malfunctions. I bought the A2000. I stayed with canon because of their service department. I guess I have had it nearly 5 years. I would never pay a lot of money for a camera knowing what I know about durability. I took good care of my equipment but I think I will be changing brands now. There are a lot to choose from.

I hear you ! Even broken your camera is worth some money on auction sites so unless you dont want to hassell with that dont just toss it...describe the problem and sell as is for parts.

You never answered will it turn on when connected via the usb cable to your computer with the play button ?

Announcements