cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

printer quality

williampeck1958
Enthusiast

PIXMA MX922 purchased 2+ years ago, has worked fine but just recently the print quality is down the tubes. It prints orange'ish for straight black. Check pattern looks weird.

I've tried deep cleaning and regular cleaning. I've replaced all ink cartridges. I use ink from PrintPal, which I've used for years, on other printers as well.

20160116_173126.jpg

20160116_173216.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ramona
Authority

Hi williampeck1958,

If you have already performed at least one cleaning and two deep cleanings on the printer, we recommend replacing the inks in the printer with Canon genuine inks to try and resolve the issue.  Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee the quality, reliablity or compatibility of refilled or third-party inks being used in the printer.  

Should you still experience difficulty, the printer may require servicing; we ask that you please call 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays) for further assistance.  There is no charge for this call.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Ramona
Authority

Hi williampeck1958,

If you have already performed at least one cleaning and two deep cleanings on the printer, we recommend replacing the inks in the printer with Canon genuine inks to try and resolve the issue.  Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee the quality, reliablity or compatibility of refilled or third-party inks being used in the printer.  

Should you still experience difficulty, the printer may require servicing; we ask that you please call 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays) for further assistance.  There is no charge for this call.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I did replace the ink, no luck. Will get approved  ink now.

I do not accept this as the solution because I have used the same ink for years. It seems that something else is going on.

williampeck1958
Enthusiast
This post keeps on going ... but the printer is long gone ...
Announcements