cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mf726cdw issue

drmarkh
Apprentice

I have a mf726cdw all-in-one at my office (about 1 yr old)  when has suddenly developed a 'clacking' noise when printing copies.

What might be causing this noise, and what would be the solution? I suspect the paperfeed mechanism/rollers?

Thx,   Mark

5 REPLIES 5

Danny

Hi, Mark!

So that the Community can help you better, please let us know whether the noise you're hearing is also audible when you print or scan. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, search our knowledge base or contact our US-based technical support team at http://canon.us/SupportCF

Thanks and have a great day!

Hi Danny, thx for the timely response.

I checked the fax and scan functions and the noise only occurs during photocopying, and it seems to occur when the paper feed is happening.

Hi drmarkh

The laser machines or the rollers will make a noise if you are using recycled paper, store brand like office depot or staples is recycled, they have a higher moisture content that causes condensation inside the copiers and it gets on the rollers.  You can set the paper type to recycled and that will help but I recommend that you use a name brand paper like hp or georgia pacific for optimial results.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

QHOM
Apprentice

Machine just received this error.  Error message also says power off and power on unit.  If proble persist contact service provider.  Canon imageclass support is only open Monday to Friday.  I pulled out power cable and waited 30 minutes before powering on.  Same error and message.  Reset does not work.

This machine is 1.5 years old and lightly used.  Always powered on in Energy Saver mode.

Any one else with this same problem?  Any fix?

James_C

Hi drmarkh,

Your mf726cdw can make certain noises that are normal during operation that should not cause concern.   Please try the following to see if it helps to resolve the issue, and to determine if the issue is cartridge or unit related:

1. Remove the toner cartridge from your unit.  Inspect the cartridge to confirm no part of the encasing appears to be broken, chipped or damaged. Check that the bottom flap of the cartridge can be pulled back and when letting go it snaps back into place.

2. Set the cartridge aside and check the inside of the unit for any debris or jammed paper pieces.  Also check for anything that seems to appear out of place or broken.

3. If no visible problem inside the copier, tilt the cartridge to redistribute the toner and reseat the cartridge in the unit.

4. Try running a copy to see if the noise persists.  If the noise continues, try swapping out the cartridge with a previous or new cartridge. 

If the noise is of an uncomfortable level or sound, please feel free to contact the Desktop Printing and Imaging Solutions Group at 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays) for further support and/or your service options.  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements