01-01-2018 10:51 AM
I have an ImageCLASS MF4450.
It has worked for years. It was in the basement and we printed using a laptop running windows 7. It was moved upstairs and connected to my PC running windows 10 and it worked. I had to do a clean instal and now it won't even come up as a USB device plugged in. Now it no longer works with the laptop. Any ideas?
04-05-2018 04:46 AM
I suggest you uninstall the current drivers and MF Toolbox then download and install the Windows 10 drivers and MF Toolbox from our web site using the steps below.
To uninstall the drivers, please follow these steps: (If certain items are not listed or found, move on to the next step.)
1. Unplug the USB cable from the printer.
2. Right-click the Start button and select Control Panel. Choose View Devices and Printers.
3. In the Devices and Printers window, right click on the MF4450 and select 'Remove' to delete the printer. Delete all of the icons for theMF4450.
4. Right-click the Start button and select Control Panel. Choose 'Programs' -> 'Programs and Features'.
5. Double click on Canon driver to uninstall. Follow the on screen prompts. Repeat for the MF Toolbox.
6. Restart you computer.
After your computer restarts and you are on your Desktop screen, before you re-connect the printer to your computer, you can download and install drivers and software for your printer by following the steps below.
Windows 10 drivers for the imageCLASS MF4450 are available for download from Canon's website. Let's perform the following steps to download and install the software:
1. Visit Canon's website at: http://usa.canon.com/support
2. TypeMF4450in the "Enter a Model Name" box and click search.
3. On the Support page for your unit, click the 'Drivers& Downloads' link in the middle of the page.
4. Select "Operating System"
5. Under the Recommended Download section click on the file named MF Drivers. After reading the details and disclaimer, click 'I Agree to terms. Download and save the file to your computer. Once the download is complete, double-click the file from its download location to begin the installation. You will also need to download the MF Toolbox file as well.
Note: Driver and application software files have been compressed. The following instructions show you how to download the compressed files and decompress them.
1. To download files, click [I Agree-Begin Download] icon, select [Save], and specify the directory where you want to save the file. Click [Save] to start the file download.
2. Downloaded files are saved in the specified folder in a self-extracting format (.exe format).
3. Double-click the files to decompress them. A new folder will be created in the same folder. The new folder will have the same name as the compressed file.
4. Double-click the decompressed Setup.exe file to start installation.
If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link: