cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mf424dw always asks to use multi function tray

sgraziano
Apprentice

I use the machine to make a lot of copies, so if draw 1 is empty it should default to draw 2, I have the large additional drawer underneath the printer. I am pretty sure I set it up to automatically choose between 1 and 2 depending on which has paper. However when I go to make copies and drawer 1 is empty, a screen pops up choosing me to choose between drawer 1, drawer 2, and the multi function tray, only drawer 2 has paper in it. How do I get it to just do this on its own without asking me?

5 REPLIES 5

James_C

Hi sgraziano

Before printing you must specify the paper size and type settings to match the paper that is loaded. Make sure to change the paper settings when you load the paper that is different from the previously loaded paper.  Please click HERE for instructions.  Note:  When the optional cassette feeding module is installed, its paper drawer is also displayed.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

This is not the issue I am having, I only print on letter size paper and its set up for that. The issue is when drawer 1 is empty instead of automatically using drawer 2 it asks if I want to use multi function tray, drawer 1, or drawer 2. 

BUMP

Hello, sgraziano!

The Forums aren't intended for immediate assistance. If your question is of an urgent nature, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) weekdays from 10am to 10pm (ET). 

Printershateme
Apprentice
For printer model mf644cdw, the reason it was not printing from the regular tray is because under the paper settings, it had L2 paper set instead of L1. If you set it to L1, or should print
Announcements