cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mf249dw scan problem

djncanon
Apprentice

I just bought a new mf249dw printer and hooked it into my LAN with 2 Windows 10 computers.  I can scan from one computer, but not the other!  I can print from either one.

3 REPLIES 3

Patrice
Whiz

Hi djncanon.

I will be able to assist you.

On the computer with which your experiencing the issue, please verify that the MF249dw is selected in the MF Network Scan Utility.  Follow the steps below to verify this information:

1. Click in the system tray.

2. Select the check box for the machine, and click [OK].

If the machine is selected, please restart the printer and the computer, and then try the scan again.    If the issue persists, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

pradip
Apprentice

Hello,

I have a MF249DW printer, i can print without any issue but unable to scan, when trying to scan then its throwing an error message "cannot communicate with the scanner, the cable may be disconnected or the scanner may be turned off" . i can scan it when i conncet the printer via USB but when i try to scan through network then the error message is coming. Printer is conncted in same LAN and same subnet. My Opearting System is Windows 10 Enterprise.

It will be highly appreciable if anyone help me on this problem.

My email id - pradip.goswami@willistowerswatson.com

Thanks

Pradip Goswami

Hi Pradip.

Have you confirmed that the scanner is selected for scanning in the MF Network Scan Utility by following the steps above?

If you have, then it is recommended that you uninstall and reinstall the drivers for a network connection. Please follow the steps below to uninstall the drivers:

* If you are using Windows 10, please type Control Panel in the search bar to access it.

1. On your computer, open [Control Panel] > [Devices and Printers].

2. Right-click on the MF240 Series printer, and then select [Remove Device].

3. Return to [Control Panel], and then select [Programs] or [Programs and Features] > [Uninstall a Program].

4. Double-click on the MF240 Series, and then follow the prompts to uninstall the files.

5. Restart the computer. 

Once the computer has restarted, please click the link below to download and reinstall the drivers:

MF240SeriesMFDriverV2175W64usEN.exe

After the installation is complete, please restart the computer. When the computer is back on, and at the desktop, please try to scan again.

If the issue persists, or you require further assistance, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements