cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageClass 4570dw - Christmas cards

Aquitaine
Apprentice

Last year I printed on 5x7 card stock using a Pixma MP560 and had no problems. I am trying to do the same with my new imageClass 4570dw and having no luck at all.

I am able to set up the page parameters correctly in Word and prepare the custom paper size in the printer properties. It prints about two sentences of text correctly, in the right place, with the right margins, which tells me I have everything set up correctly. But then it just prints a hazy line where the rest of the text should be, and the toner leaves marks all over the card. 

The only inconsistency I can find is that the manual feed suggests that you should feed paper into the tray face-down, but this has never worked whether for regular paper or envelopes - I have to feed everything face up. Unlike the Pixma I also don't see a way to change the paper feed setting (seems like you could do this in Office 2007 - not in 2010?)

There is no problem printing on regular paper. What am I doing wrong?

4 REPLIES 4

Julius
Rising Star

Hello Aquitaine!

Since you're using 5" X 7" paper, try loading one sheet at a time in the Multi-Purpose Tray.  Once the 5" X 7" sheet is loaded face up, you'll want to register the custom size paper for the Multi-Purpose tray.  Try these steps:

1.  Press [Paper Settings].
 2.  Press [^] or [v] to select <MP Tray>, and then press [OK].
 3.  Press [^] or [v] to select <Custom Size>, and then press [OK].
 4.  Specify the size of <X> direction and <Y> direction.

(1) Press [^] or [v] to select an edge, and then press [OK].
(2) Press [^] or [v] to specify the size, and then press [OK].  You can also enter values using the numeric keys.
(3) Press [^] or [v] to select <Apply>, and then press [OK].

5.  Press [^] or [v] to select a paper type, and then press [OK].  
 6.  Press [Paper Settings] to close <Paper Settings> screen.

If you're still running into problems, try printing what you intend to print on the 5" X 7" paper using letter sized paper.  Does it work?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hello,

I tried what you suggested and still had no luck. It is printing in the correct location on the card - it just gets only the first couple lines and then it either prints a smudge or nothing at all. When I print on regular letter-sized paper it works fine.

I bought a $30 deskjet to do the job and will submit a warranty request for the printer. Between this and another issue it is a giant paperweight.

I'm sorry to hear that did not help.  Given you mentioned there is another issue as well, please Contact Us so we can provide more in depth troubleshooting and options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Response from tech support is that 'an inkjet is better for cards anyway.'

Never buying a Canon again.
Announcements