cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF753Cdw jams when printing labels

TXMCI
Apprentice

Prints perfectly on regular paper, but when i put labels in it jams.

is there a settign to print on label paper?

9 REPLIES 9

dexman335
Rising Star
Rising Star

I sometimes print labels for the telephones at my church. The supplier of the blank labels provides a backer that is affixed to the bottom of the sheet. Think of the backer as an 8.5"×11" "Post-It Note".

Using the backer prevents the sheet from jamming in the printer.

Under "Paper Settings", there are some options (I have a 743) to select different paper media. I'm not sure if labels is a choice though. 🤔 

normadel
Authority
Authority

Where is the label sheet jamming? Going in, inside, coming out...? Are labels coming off the sheet inside the printer?

TXMCI
Apprentice

It jams halfway through the page.  They are UPS labels.  The labels are 2 per page, so if I remove the bottom sticker it will print the top label.  The labels are not coming off during printing.  I think the label page is too thick.  i used settings to set it for heavier paper but it made no difference.

normadel
Authority
Authority

You've answered your own question. The sheet is most flexible in the middle between the two labels. Bending the sheet around the paper path is causing it to hang-up on something. With the bottom label off, the sheet can roll through the printer more easily. Can you get some label paper that is a solid sheet? You'd have to cut the sheet with a scissor and peel from the edges, but if it works, so what?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having this same issue with mine too.
Cutting the label paper in half and then basically cropping my label file and then printing them from my computer one at a time helps but it's a tedious, time consuming PITA - otherwise the attached video happens.
This basically makes my $600 printer a giant paper weight since I use my printer to print shipping labels for my online business. 
No matter what paper setting I use, a full sheet will not make it all the through and there's a notable "hot rubber" smell to the machine and label paper after printing.
There is a specific label setting that does NOT work when set both from my computer printer properties as well as my printer's page settings.
I've tried the following settings: Label paper, heavy paper (all weights) and Plain paper (all weights) along with other random settings.

I'm going mad with this!

Attached Video:

jessiemarie
Apprentice

I'm having this same issue with mine too.

Cutting the label paper in half and then basically cropping my label file and then printing them from my computer one at a time helps but it's a tedious, time-consuming PITA - otherwise the attached video happens.

This basically makes my $600 printer a giant paper weight since I use my printer to print shipping labels for my online business. 

No matter what paper setting I use, a full sheet will not make it all the through and there's a notable "hot rubber" smell to the machine and label paper after printing.

There is a specific label setting that does NOT work when set both from my computer printer properties as well as my printer's page settings.

I've tried the following settings: Label paper, heavy paper (all weights) and Plain paper (all weights) along with other random settings.

I'm going mad with this!

Attached Video:

When I print DESIs for telephones at home and at my church, the company that manufacturers the labels & software provides backers (essentially an 8.5×11 Post-It Note) for the label sheets.

The label sheets jam without the backer. With the backer...no problems.

This applies to my 743Cdw and my church's 733Cdw. 🙂

It does have the option for labels. Please read my entire comment.

I am aware of the label setting. In my use case, that doesn't come into play as the software takes care of printing in the defined spots on the DESIs.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements