cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF743Cdw and MF634cdw: Printing boxes instead of text

nickelkim
Apprentice

We currently have a Canon MF743cdw and MF634cdw and are on Mac os Big Sur 11.7.2 using Quark 2022.

When printing documents to both of these printers on some text it prints fine but other text is replaced with boxes. We have reloaded the drivers to both and we cannot seem to get this issue resolved. They have been doing this from day one. PDF's print fine but documents from Quark do not. Any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1

PrintHomie
Apprentice

3rd party dealer tech here,

I'm not awfully familiar with the Quirk software platform, but sometimes they do update older productions of software for security or compatability features. I would advise that you actually go to onto the smart op panel on your devices and do an over the air update on both printers.

Secondly I wonder if by refresh you mean just killing the ports but utilizing the same drivers. I would advise downloading a fresh set of PCL v6 divers from the cannon USA website and replacing the ones on your system currently.

Since the problem is not local to just one MFP I wouldn't believe a hardware or software failure on the devices themselves is the cause of your issue.

Since PDFs are working it really tells me that your printer is doing its job. A lot of these kinds of issues are solved with just a firmware update on the printer. Give it a shot and see what happens.

Announcements