cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF644Cdw Scan to Email Setup Help

Melissa-M
Apprentice

Can someone please walk me through setting up the scan to email function using both the remote ui and from the printer touch pad. I don’t understand port and smpt numbers and things and don’t know where to find them. I use spectrum wi fi and have a charter email address and a gmail address. 

please, I need help! 

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Are you using the printer with windows or MAC OS?

Since you are not familiar with scan to email set up and configuration, I would suggest using the send function settings tool to assist you with its configuration.

**The tool is only available for windows OS

Visit the support portal for your printer.

https://www.usa.canon.com/shop/p/color-imageclass-mf644cdw?color=White&type=New

Look for the tool mentioned above.  Select support, software/drivers and your operating system.  *Again the tool is only available for windows.  

Note: If you have a MAC, the configuration has to be done manually.  

You can use Google search to find the recommended SMTP email settings for charter/spectrum.  This one include the email address, password, outgoing mail server, port and encryption requirements if applicable.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements