cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF644Cdw Paper Select

PJG
Apprentice

I just received my new MF644Cdw and I like the printer but the setup was fairly complicated. The only issue I still can't figure out is when printing anything from any application on my Windows PC, the printer brings up a prompt and wants me to select the paper source and paper type. When I copy on the device or print from my Android devices I do not have this issue. I set the paper in Tray 1 to LTR / Plain 3 which is the type of paper I have. If I send a document from Android through the built-in print service or through MOPRIA print, it just prints from Tray 1. If i copy a document on the unit itself, it just prints from Tray 1. If I print from Windows, the printer displays the error screen as if it is out of paper and instructs me to select a paper source and type. I found that by selecting LTR / Plain1 this fixes the error, however this is not the correct setting for the paper that I am using. What is the issue and how can I fix it? I'm switching from an older Epson unit that gave me nothing but trouble so if this unit is not going to work normally it is going right back where it came from!

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

It sounds like the paper selection in the printer driver is not set correctly, or is not being specified in the application you are printing from. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements