cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF264dw scanner does not work

zklau
Apprentice

i have a MF264dw and have been using for over 2 years..all in a sudden, the scan function does not work even my printer is still working fine with the wifi so i belevei the conntection itself is fine.  please advise the steps i should do to resume this function - note that the display message keeps saying " connect the computer" when i press scan button even i have connected the computer and printer with a usb cable...

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Hi, zklau!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or macOS, and which version thereof). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Windows 11 home is the OS i use.  Please help the step-by-step instruction to fix it.  Many thanks

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Zklau,

To scan to your computer, the MFtoolbox scanner software will need to be installed and working. This will be the software that controls the scanner function and should be in your list of installed programs in a folder marked Canon utilities.  If the program is missing, you can download and install the [Windows 32bit & 64bit] MF Scan Utility Ver.1.20.0.2 and the MF264dwMFDrivers  from our support website.

We would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance.

1. Is the MFscan utility installed on your computer? If so, do you get any errors when you try to open the program or perform a scan by clicking the document or photo button?
  2. When scanning from the operation panel, are you selecting the network name of your computer or are you selecting the option for USB?

Announcements