cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF242dw **Downloading Mode** won't clear

MsLadyScorpio
Apprentice

Hi everyone!

I'm hoping you can help me. I have a ImageClass MF242dw printer. It has been stuck in **Downloading Mode** for about 9-10 months. I have unplugged it, I have pressed stop, I have pressed clear and reset. I have tried everything to get it cleared and nothing works. I am at a loss as to how to fix this. Does anyone have any advice or run into this problem and got it fixed?  

Thank you in advance,

Sophia

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

There aren't many things the printer can download.  Firmware and maybe apps for the webserver.  

I'm curious to know what put the printer into this state in the first place.  I suspect it might have been a firmware update?

Try connecting the printer using a ethernet cable directly to your network or router.  Then power cycle again.  

If this doesn't help, since the device has not responded to power cycle or reset, I'd contact Canon support.  The printer has a 1yr warranty.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you Rick! I don't know. I went to print something one day and it went into this mode. It is a Wireless/ Bluetooth enabled printer. I am at a loss.. 😞 I have an HP Printer as well and I can't get it to work now either. It ridiculous! 

Announcements