cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS LBP247dw will not print

phil4480
Apprentice

When I turned on the printer this morning, it listed a numerical IP address and asked me if I wanted to approve it and I entered yes.  Now, it will not print.  Sometimes, it gives an error message most of the time it does not.  It doesn't matter if I print directly from a web page or from Notepad.  It will not print.

Thanks,

Gerry

3 REPLIES 3

phil4480
Apprentice

I used the printer troubleshooter in Windows 10  and got this:  

Printer troubleshooting has completed

Printer LBP247 cannot be contacted over the network.
Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (192.168.1.184) is not responding.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings ,

Can you tell us how your printer is connected and to what?  It sounds like you are using a Network connection wired or wireless. 

With the limited information you've provided, I would suggest you do the following. 

Open a command prompt and ping the IP address.  Doesn't it reply?

Open a browser and enter the IP address in the address field. Press enter, does the printer's web server load and display? 

To verify the printer's IP address on your network, you can log into your router. Look at the list of attached devices and see what it's assigned to the printer.  

I would suggest assigning a static IP to the printer so it doesn't change again in the future.  

Once this is done, I would uninstall the printer and reinstall as an IP printer using the IP you set for it on your router. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you.  I got the printer to work.

Announcements