cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS D1620, feeder stopped picking up

CityClerk
Apprentice

So, I have had this machine for fewer than 6 months. I use the Canon MF Scan Utility daily (M-F). Today, it wouldn't work. I tried a number of things and nothing seemed to make a difference. It kept telling me there was nothing in the feeder, even though on the touchscreen on the machine, it said the "original in the feeder".  Finally, I switched the "Scanning Method" setting in the Document Scan tab to "Auto Mode" and the scanning noises kick in, the whirring happens, but the pages do not move into the feeder and the scan produced is blank (as one would expect when nothing goes through the feeder). 

Any suggestions?

Same thing when I used the Custom Scan or Photo Scan tab. I had to restart the computer one day 3 weeks ago and again last week to get the Scan Utility to function at all. I was out of the office yesterday (Wednesday), set it to update our finance program after work Tuesday followed by a restart.  

My Council & Mayor were absolutely insistent that we buy the cheapest machine I could find, that supposedly would perform all the functions needed when my HP died (which was not amazing either, don't get me wrong). The drop down paper feeder in this machine has never worked, so I need to manually load each check by opening the drawer, waiting for it to resettle and then clear the screen, and it simply is nearly impossible to use anything heavier than standard copy paper. 

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or thoughts! C 

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello, 

The scan settings set will determine if the item is scanned from the glass or from the feeder. Certain options like photo scan will only work with the glass. We would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance. For a more immediate resolution, you can contact support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to assist.

1. What version of the Mac or Windows operating system are you using on your computer?
  2. What size are the items that you are loading into the feeder and what size are the sheets for the checks?
Announcements