cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to reset mx410 to eliminate "Support Code 91 - low ink" message and start printing

TX7D
Apprentice

Just replaced black cartridge on mx410 and now I'm continually getting "Support Code 91 - low ink" message and won't print. I'm only using black and set that up in the utility section...held down the "Stop" button for 10 seconds and didn't reset. Has anyone had a similar problem or know how to get around the Code 91 to start printing again? Any help would be DEEPLY appreciated...thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Check to see which cartridge is mentioned in the error.  Even though the unit is set for Black Only printing, if the color cartridge is empty it would have to be replaced.  The printer still uses the color ink for cleanings and maintenance.

If additional assistance is needed, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for responding Mike but as it turns out the "Support Code 91" is a computer error message NOT the printer. This per Canon tech support...I was trying to print an Excel spread sheet that had been emailed to me...the tech said the spread sheet was not being recognized by my Mac and produced the error message...had not heard of that before.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements