cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot print from multi function tray on D1320

DALEBOESKY
Apprentice

MY USER SETTINGS INDICATE THAT THE MULTI-FUNCTION TRAY IS "OFF".  I DONT KNOW HOW TO TURN IT ON.

4 REPLIES 4

Tiffany

Hi Daleboesky!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly what operating system you're using. Any other details you'd like to give will also help the Community better understand your issue.

Thanks and have a great day!

my OS is windows 7 64 bit

DALEBOESKY
Apprentice

after successful installation of canon d3120 printer i could print from regular tray and multi-function tray also. but could not do single checks from multi function tray. after several calls to canon i was advised to call quicken. they were no help. then i could not print from the multifunction tray at all. so the problem isnt with quicken. i dont know how to reconfigure setup other than a reset and when i print a report it shows that the multi function tray is still off. i cant get it back on. how do i reactivate the multifunction tray

dale b

Hi DALEBOESKY.

To turn the multipurpose tray on, please follow these steps:

1. Press the [Select/Paper Settings] button on the printer.
  2. Select [Paper Settings] and press [OK].
  3. Select [Multi-Purpose Tray] and press [OK].
  4. Select [On] and press [OK].
  5. Select [Paper Settings] again, and press [OK].
  6. Select [Multi-Purpose Tray] and press [OK].
  7. Select [Details] and press [OK].
  8. Choose your paper size and type.

If the multi-purpose tray is still showing as "Off", after following the steps above, try initializing the menu settings. 

1. Press the [Menu] button.
  2. Select [Initialize Menu] and press [OK].
  3. Select  [Initialize All] and press [OK].
  4. Select [Yes] and press [OK].
  5. Press the [Menu] button.
  6. Power off the printer and unplug it from the wall for thirty seconds.
  7. Restart and verify that the multi-purpose tray is turned on.

Once the tray is on, print a test document to verify that the option is enabled.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements