cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blind trying to Scann with Imageclass D530

Sativarg
Apprentice

Hello community,

I am blind and just got a replacement for my printer/scanner.

I tripped over my tool box and fell, knocking the printer against the wall and messing up the scanner so it would not locate home... Nothing I did would fix it?

Finally after years of having to trick the printer to skip the scanner loading check thing to get a page to print... I found a used but broken Cannon D530 on eBay and got it working.

When I first got one I could use a magnifier to read the menu. Now I am completely blind and can not remember the sequence of keys to get into remote Or MF tool box mode. The users guide says press Bracket Bracket or bracket bracket to get to...

but in the brackets My screen reader sees nothing. Please consider putting something in the brackets Canon?

Please even consider a text based layout of the control panel with names for the many many buttons so a blind one can use it?

thanks...

""Press [] or [] to highlight <Remote Scanner>, and then press [OK].""

see?

The tool box is less than user friendly? the buttons just say button in my NVDA screen reader. I can use trial and error but?

Can some one please guide a blind person on the buttons and keys to press?

thanks and blessings

chuck 🔥💖🔥

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Danny

Hi, Chuck!  If hearing the directions would be more beneficial to you, we recommend giving our imageCLASS support team a call.  They'll be glad to explain everything about how to scan with your imageCLASS D530.  You can reach them weekdays at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

We look forward to your call!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Hi, Chuck!  If hearing the directions would be more beneficial to you, we recommend giving our imageCLASS support team a call.  They'll be glad to explain everything about how to scan with your imageCLASS D530.  You can reach them weekdays at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

We look forward to your call!

thank you,

I once had an account when I first got the printer back in 2015. I did not know I could still use the phone to get help.

I will reply with the results... but still please if Canon reads this Please consider a text based layout of the buttons and the menu.

thanks again

chuck 🔥💖🔥

OK Danny ,

that was very nice...

The man actually had a unit right there in the office. He was very capable and told me exactly what I needed.

Press button above menu

then press down once and

then enter...

```Still please consider a text based layout for future models and or helping the blind

Thanks again community and Danny

chuck

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements