cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent help needed: Canon Color ImageCLASS MF751Cdw Printing issues

gmaboing7227
Apprentice

Let me start off by saying this is the 1st laser printer that I have invested in and I was so excited and that quickly has changed. I'm having so many issues with this thing! I normally buy small cheap printers but need to do some large jobs (3-5K page jobs,) and replacing the ink cartridges for the cheap printer was killing me financially. My friend has a Canon and swears by it, so, this is why I purchased it.

Honestly, I am loosing my mind. I am on a tight deadline and need to get at least 4K documents printed. Someone please help! Thanks. yb

1. I'm trying to print a document on a custom sized piece of paper in Word. The paper size is 6.75" wide x 9" high. I have created a custom sized paper to match those measurements and applied those settings to tray 1. I have verified the margins are set correctly in Word. However, when I go to the print option and choose Printer Properties --> Advanced,  there isn't an option to select a custom paper. Regardless of what setting I select that is listed, the  printer prints one page (which is usually blank,) just sits there and spins, and then says to adjust the paper in the tray for the correct size. The paper in the tray is set to fit the paper I need to fit on, but the printer still will not print.

2. I can't figure out for the life of me how to turn off that darned pausing between pages and then it tells me to check the paper settings.

3. The email feature is a pain and I can't set it up... I've read the documentation over and over again and it is not user friendly (IMO.) I'm hoping it's something small but I'm just not getting it.

BTW, I am no stranger to tech stuff... I have a BS in programming, and work in I.T. (install and support phone systems, IVR, system administration, system installations/sunsetting, testing, super user, etc.)   

But I swear, out of all my years working in I.T., this one is the word product that is kicking my hind end!

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Welcome to the community.  Maybe we can help with your issues.  The printers mail capabilities are similar to a computers email client or mobile device.  It requires an outgoing SMTP server, a username, password, port, and encryption if applicable.  You can use M365, Gmail, Yahoo, Comcast, etc.  I can provide a settings walk-through with images.

It's sounds like getting a custom paper size registered is more important at the moment.  😊 

Custom Paper Registration

Paper Tray 1 Supports

You can use a custom size from 3 7/8" x 5 7/8" (98.0 mm x 148.0 mm) to 8 1/2" x 14" (216.0 mm x 356.0 mm).

Optional Paper Feeder Supports
You can use a custom size from 4" x 5 7/8" (100.0 mm x 148.0 mm) to 8 1/2" x 14" (216.0 mm x 356.0 mm).

Multi-Purpose Feeder Supports
You can use a custom size from 3" x 5" (76.0 mm x 127.0 mm) to 8 1/2" x 14" (216.0 mm x 356.0 mm).

Are you using windows or MAC?

What drivers did you install?

Canon Support for Color imageCLASS MF751Cdw | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

click here to view the gallery
Announcements