cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to install MF242dw due to Paper Jammed or No cart is inserted message

utirtami
Apprentice

I purchased an MF242DW a couple of months back. I used the CD to install on my Windows 10 PC and then connected the printer using a USB cable to my PC. There was some problem due to which I had to abort the install midway. Then I repeated the process. However now whenever I connect the printer to power, the display has a message of "Please check- Paper Jammed or no cart is inserted". I have gone through steps to make sure that the cart is seated properly. Paper had never been inserted into the printer- so there is no question of Paper jam. I cannot find how to do a hard reset of the printer so that it reverts to factory settings and allows me to proceed with the installation. I would have returned the machine to the retailer- but unfortunately, I opened it two months after purchasing it. So the return window has passed.  Please help with suggestions/ideas

IMG_4534.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Check the paper tray, feeder, etc for packaging and/or shipping materials or tape.

Maybe try loading some paper and power cycling.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks. It was apparently an orange plastic piece that was stuck deep inside the printer behind the cart. The call center service agent of Canon pointed out to me. Even though I had to wait 50 minutes to get connected, eventually I was pleasantly surprised with the help she provided in making sure it worked. 

Greetings,

Its easy to miss and happens from time to time.  

Glad you got it sorted out.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements