cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U052 error

enan0310
Apprentice

My printer MP560 got the error U052 " The type of print head is incorrect. Install the correct print head". What should I do ?

4 REPLIES 4

MarkII
Rising Star

Hi enan0310,

With this error, the first step I recommend is reseating the printhead.  For more information on reseating your printhead, click here.

Next try to perform a hard reset on the printer:

1. Turn off the printer and wait for it to completely shut down.
  2. Disconnect the power cord and the USB cable from the device.
  3. Press the ON or power button several times (at least 5 times is recommended).
  4. Wait for 20 minutes.
  5. Reconnect the power cord directly to a known working outlet. Avoid using surge protectors or extension cords, if possible.
  6. Power on the printer.
  7. Attempt to print from your computer or make a copy with the device to check for errors.

If the error returns, be sure to  contact us so we can discuss your service options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

This did not resolve the problem for me.  I am still getting the same error message.  Someone indicated that it may be caused by refilling Canon ink cartridges? Is there a way to override this? If this is the case and the only option is to buy canon ink I will never buy another canon printer.  

Same problem occured halfway through printing a page, been using genuine, new ink cartridges.

This process didn't fix it for me either.  Worth a shot though.

Manual says to replace the printer head.

I have tried your instruction without avail.

Is there anyone elses there who knows to kill this issue?

Your immediate action is highly appreciated.

With best regards

Nina

Announcements