cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scanner not working to my computer

Lynnusa2000
Apprentice

I have a Dell inspiron with windows 10. Seems like the scanner used to work but it is refusing to now. I've been to the site and downloaded software for the mf632cdw. I can print from my computer to the printer. And the printer/scanner sees my computer but says my computer is not compatible. Can't seem to find any current information. I hate to have to buy a brand new printer when all the other functions work. I do not use the fax as I don't have a land line here. I can copy things with the scanner and I can print from the computer.

I do not have IJ software that has been referred to here. Tried every solution I can think of including turning off the printer. Any ideas???

The error message on my computer says: MF Scan Utility that is supported by the scanner you are using may not be installed on your computer. Install the appropriate MF Scan Utility, and then perform the operation again" . I have instaLLED:

MF632CMFDriverV5401W64usEN.exe

GUFRII_V4_PrinterDriver_V21_00.exe

If anyone has any ideas or if I am just frustrating myself and can't really use my scanner as a scanner any more, please let me know! I've spent way too long on this today!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Using the printer with windows 10. 

MF632cdw Support Portal (USA)

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/color-laser/color-imagecl...

The software you have installed appears to be correct for Windows 10 and should include the printer driver, the MF Scan Utility, FAX and ScanGear.

How is the device connected to your network or PC?

Below is a link for the Standalone version of the MF scan utility:

https://pdisp01.c-wss.com/gdl/WWUFORedirectTarget.do?id=MDIwMDAwNTYyOTA2&cmp=ABR&lang=EN

Since we were not there to see what steps were taken in the installtion process previously I cannot promise it will help, but its certainly worth investigating.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Using the printer with windows 10. 

MF632cdw Support Portal (USA)

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/color-laser/color-imagecl...

The software you have installed appears to be correct for Windows 10 and should include the printer driver, the MF Scan Utility, FAX and ScanGear.

How is the device connected to your network or PC?

Below is a link for the Standalone version of the MF scan utility:

https://pdisp01.c-wss.com/gdl/WWUFORedirectTarget.do?id=MDIwMDAwNTYyOTA2&cmp=ABR&lang=EN

Since we were not there to see what steps were taken in the installtion process previously I cannot promise it will help, but its certainly worth investigating.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Rick,

Thank you so much for your response. The printer is wirelessly connected to the network. The scanner tells me to "connect my computer". I will try downloading the stand alone scan utility and see if that helps. I appreciate your input.

Did not have a chance to get to it until today. When I d/l the direct link the scanner started working to my computer again. Go figure.

Thanks for your help

Lynn

Thanks for your feedback Lynn.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements