cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scan to Preset Destination MF424dw Mac OS 10.14

anthonylucano
Apprentice

Hello all!

I just purchased an MF424dw, and I'm attempting to set up the "Scan to Preset Destination" option on my Mac running Mac OS 10.14. I've used a similar option on an older printer and eventually got it to work, but I'm getting error messages anytime I try to scan.

Here are the steps I've taken so far:

-Created a shared "Scans" Folder on my desktop.
-Went into System Preferences>Sharing. Turned on file sharing and added the "Scans" Folder into my shared folders and allowed my user account permissions to read & write to that folder.
- Enabled "Share files and folders using SMB" and enabled my user account for Windows File Sharing.
-Logged into the ImageClass Remote UI Portal, created a new scan option in "Address Book" with these settings:

Protocol: Windows (SMB)
Host Name: 192..... (my Mac's IP address)
Folder Path: 192.../Scans

I've tried many other options for Host Name and folder path, such as smb://192... for host name and /Users/anthony/Desktop/Scans for file path. I think I've tried 20 different combinations so far today.

And I've entered my username and password correctly.

I've had similar problems on my last scanner as well, and it came down to the correct format for Host name and Folder path. I've looked online for hours and can not find a single document that says how to correctly enter those fields (everything I read shows something different.)

Is there a specific/recommended format I should use with my MF424dw? Is there any other information anyone can give that would help me. (My login user name for my Mac has a space in it, I'm also wondering if that could be the problem.)

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!!

0 REPLIES 0
click here to view the gallery
Announcements