cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing to an iPF670 from a Mac running macOS 10.12.6

GJSchaller
Apprentice

I'm working with an iMac running Sierra (10.12.6), trying to print to a Canon iPF 670 printer via Ethernet.

I've downloaded the latest drivers from Canon, and installed them.  I can browse to the Printer's internal web page via IP address, so I know the printer is online, and visible to the iMac.  I can print from other (Windows) PCs on the network without an issue.  I've rebooted the printer, and updated the firmware to the latest version.

For setting up the printer on the iMac, I am bypassing any Windows networks, and attempting to print to the printer directly via IP address.  If I add it using LPD and attempt to print, I get an error message stating "Printing - The printer is in use." (even when it's not).  If I set it up via HP JetDirect - Socket, I get "Printing - IP Service Parameter Error." instead.

I've reset the printing system, rebooted the iMac and the printer, cleared all printer drivers from /Libraries/Printers/ and otherwise come to wit's end... and I can't get this iMac to print to the iPF 670.  Any idea what I am missing, or steps I can take to troubleshoot further?

The common errors I am seeing in the Error Log are:

E [18/Sep/2017:14:44:36 -0400] [Job 9] IO Service parameter error.\rRestart the system, and then try again.: 10553

E [18/Sep/2017:14:44:36 -0400] [Job 9] cmjcInitialize Error

E [18/Sep/2017:14:44:36 -0400] [Job 9] garodclfilter error : 3000

6 REPLIES 6

GJSchaller
Apprentice

It's been a week, and no response - is anyone able to assist with this?

Hi, GJSchaller!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, search our knowledge base or contact our US-based technical support team at http://canon.us/SupportCF

Thanks and have a great day!

Sonya1
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello GJSchaller,

Since you are able to prit via your network with your imagePROGRAF iPF670 from Windows computers, you should also be able to print from your Mac computer.  For clarification, I have a few questions about your situation.

(1) When you say you can browse to the Printer's internal web page via IP address, are you doing this on your Sierra computer?

(2) Did you manually enter your iPF670's IP Address or does your router/access point automatically assign your printer's IP Address?

(3) When you get the error message "Printing - The printer is in use," what exactly is displayed on your iPF670?  Also, what is the name of the program you are printing from?

If you need immediate assistance and you're in the USA, please click http://Canon.us/ContactCF for our US-based support. If you're outside of the US, please click http://Canon.us/4xf7 for support options.

It's been over a month at this point - the client having the issue has chalked the problem up to Canon's drivers being buggy.

To answer your questions:

The IP is manually assigned on the network, and is not dynamic.

I was able to browse to the printer's IP from multiple devices (the iMac, my Windows 10 Laptop, and the Windows 2012 server).

No error message is displayed on the printer itself.  It's as if it never receives the print job.

Given the error codes listed above, the issue appears to be with the Drivers for macOS - the job is never being generated and sent to the printer.

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I already did contact them.  They asked me some basic questions, then told me they couldn't help me unless I called in on the phone.  My client can't afford for me to sit at his desk and troubleshoot this over the phone again, after I have already posted here, to Apple's forums, and using the Support Link and provided the same answers over and over again to each area.

I have the error codes posted at the top of this thread, but no one seems to have addessed them yet.

Announcements