cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing from Email - MF743CDW

zonearc0
Apprentice

I'm about 98% there and just need a tip. 
I have setup SMTP/POP and all related port settings, etc (google app password, google's unique port numbers, etc) so that when I send an email to a gmail account, it connects and wants to pull it. 

I have it setup on a 2 min window to check for the email. SMTP & POP tests pass successfully. 

I have a test email there with a PDF. 

Now, every 2 minutes the printer wakes up and tries to connect, but then it pops an error to the RX log on the printer:

Error
Type: i-Fax
Timestamp

... and no actual real troubleshooting data involved to help me figure out what failed. 
Should this show as an i-fax job even though its an email or is that erroneous? 

2 REPLIES 2

zonearc0
Apprentice

Note: In an older Canon guide I saw that they use to only support image types like JPG and TIFF so I sent in an email with a TIFF attachment. No change, still connects but never prints. 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings

For clarity, you want to send an email to the printer and have it print?

If so, yes, that's called an iFax.

It might only support .PDFs and word docs.  I don't honestly know because  I've never tried on a Canon device.  I'll see if I can find some documentation on it.  You can also contact Canon and speak with a support representative.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

click here to view the gallery
Announcements