cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emailing print jobs to imageCLASS MF741Cdw

briansean
Apprentice

I owe the Community an apology. I was flamed for posting my inquiry in a thread about another printer--had no intent to hijack a thread. In the time I spent reading posts and looking for my topic, I noticed how often posts contain parallel topics that might apply to other printers in a family. But I was told to start my own topic--inefficient when there are probably other similar topics; annoying for readers to see no consistency in topic wording. So I start with a blanket apology for being an average human, for having only average intelligence, for having searched a few hours (it can never be exhaustive) without finding "my topic." I'm apparently going go offend someone no matter how hard I try to be proper.

I'm inquiring about emailing print jobs to my Canon MF 741C.

HP calls this "HP ePrint."  They assign a default email address like xxx@hpeprint.com. Users can login to hpeprint.com to manage their printers and respective email addresses. Plenty of limitations about file types (Print text (.txt), PDF, HTML, Microsoft Word (.doc and .docx), Microsoft PowerPoint (.ppt and .pptx), Microsoft Excel (.xls and .xlsx); limited to 10 attachments at a time; limited to total 10MB file size; cannot be encrypted or signed.

To clarify, this isn't about printing an email, as Google wants to bend my search. It's not about scan-to-email. It has nothing to do with printing documents while connected to the printer. This is about how to print to my printer by sending it an email with something attached.

Rick notes Canon calls this "iFax." Yes, the result is a lot like faxing, except what I'm asking about never involves a fax machine or phone number.

I've searched for "ifax" in all of the PDFs for my printer and come up empty.

The only support page I found (https://oip.manual.canon/USRMA-1738-zz-SS-enUS/contents/SS735_setup_0050.html) another user had also posted in another community support page here. I'm lost at "Step 3: Select [TX Settings] - [Network Settings]."

Can I ask for clarification about what Canon calls the technology (it can't be iFax for my printer), whether it exists, and how to set it up?

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Hi Brian,

You haven't offended anyone. 😃 There were a couple of reasons for my request.

Your question and request for help deserves the same level of visibility as others.

Its easier for us to follow progress and for others who are looking for solutions to find answers.

You can mark a reply as a solution in your own topic, but not someone else's thread.  😉

After reading my reply, did you try the solution I recommended?  What was the result?  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements